Smitty and Amy Must Be Pretty Torn Up...
i***@yahoo.com
2009-01-19 18:36:14 UTC
I mean I know they are life long Republicans, Amy belongs to a group
whose mission is to ensure that Republicans are nominated to congress
and Smitty pretty much though that W was the second coming of Jesus.
Obama's victory and inauguration as President and the democratic wipe
out in congress must be tough to swallow. No more access or invitation
to fancy White House dinners or having the President's ear and the
ability to influence the national agenda. I mean what will Smitty
have to write about on his blog now - he was so deferential to Bush
and the belief that W, the great family man and son of Texas, would
restore values to America.This must be just devastating.
MrWonderful
2009-01-19 22:54:48 UTC
Post by i***@yahoo.com
I mean I know they are life long Republicans, Amy belongs to a group
whose mission is to ensure that Republicans are nominated to congress
and Smitty pretty much though that W was the second coming of Jesus.
Obama's victory and inauguration as President and the democratic wipe
out in congress must be tough to swallow. No more access or invitation
to fancy White House dinners or having the President's ear and the
ability to influence the national agenda. �I mean what will Smitty
have to write about on his blog now - he was so deferential to Bush
and the belief that W, the great family man and son of Texas, would
restore values to America.This must be just devastating.
Thanks fr you post.
Not denying your assertions, but -

Please name which Amy's "group whose mission is to ensure that
Republicans are nominated to congress"

and Smitty's blog link.

I recall personally insulting Smitty when he posted to this group in
favor of stupidasshole bush.
I'd like to insult him again~!
: ) Lala
i***@yahoo.com
2009-01-20 00:28:01 UTC
Post by MrWonderful
Post by i***@yahoo.com
[...]
Here is the link:

http://www.nndb.com/people/809/000025734/

Towards the bottom it lists Amy as being affiliated with the National
Republican Senatorial Committee. The mission statement of the National
Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC), if you follow the link, states
that it is the only political committee solely dedicated to electing
Republicans to the U.S. Senate. Oh incidentally Amy was also involved
in the Bush-Cheney 04 campaign...no surprise there, really since the
homogeneous county she lives in in Tennessee is probably more
reliably republican than any in the state of Texas. Smith's blog
appears to be restricted to his 'fans' now but a while back it was
open to all and I do recall him beseeching people to vote for W as
part of his values and attitudes campaign. Ya know the ole good
christians vote republican, wink wink, but of course its never said in
so many words. I don't know why, but political differences aside I've
just never liked the guy.
MrWonderful
2009-01-20 06:34:23 UTC
Post by MrWonderful
Post by i***@yahoo.com
[...]
just never liked the guy.- Hide quoted text -
I am certain that there are many, the great whitewashed, upset by
Obama's election.

Let's consider the pervasive psychological flaw of ordinary people
that tells them they are well off. They like their condition and
consider themselves in superior fate than others, even while
constantly complaining of it. No matter how lowly, they have grown
accustomed to theirs - and believe others' lives to be less than their
own.

Simple delusion~! This dementia is for the low and middle class, 90%
of all the people.

It's not that they think they are better than others, just that their
condition has advantages, making their lives more comfortable than
what they perceive of others'. The low "don't want to go to the
country club anyway" for example.

The middle make good money, but are overtaxed & overworked &
overspend, complain of it all, and erroneously think their taxes go to
pay welfare for the low. *Obvious* superiority to the low~! They have
only small investments, and small savings - often negative net worth,
especially now that bush collapsed their home values.

The wealthy remain extremely frustrated that they are not megawealthy,
but feel they are better than the low and middle - and are overtaxed.
These file bankruptcy more than other groups.

The mega wealthy suffer the reverse psychology - that they are not
wealthy enough, and are insatiably seeking more, never appreciating
their incomes, no matter how extraordinary~! These are undertaxed, but
can manipulate for even greater unappreciated wealth.

<more later> : ) Lala
Nic
2009-01-20 07:28:27 UTC

--

Look you idiot! Bush won in 2000, though it was questionable, I'd rather
have him than nutter Gore! Bush won by a wider margin in 2004, so that means

nc
Nic
2009-01-20 07:18:09 UTC
At least Smitty doesn't hide behind an elusive ID. What's your name? What's
your line of work, and where do you live? Coward?

I am not happy with GWB either, though I voted for him, but this was the
first prez that had to deal with the issues he had. I don't think he handled
things well, but who's perfect? I will support BO as prez, but that will
depend on how he handles issues. Already BO has a lot of controversy BEFORE
he takes office. So when the honeymoon is over, expect a battle that
democrats deserve!

NC
Covenant
2009-01-20 11:04:07 UTC
Post by Nic
At least Smitty doesn't hide behind an elusive ID. What's your name?
What's your line of work, and where do you live? Coward?
I am not happy with GWB either, though I voted for him, but this was the
first prez that had to deal with the issues he had. I don't think he
handled things well, but who's perfect? I will support BO as prez, but
that will depend on how he handles issues. Already BO has a lot of
controversy BEFORE he takes office. So when the honeymoon is over, expect
a battle that democrats deserve!
NC
Don't you mean you 'll say..."I don't think he handled things well, but
who's perfect?"

???

(Otherwise, it just looks like your dismissing every screw up Bush did with
a throw away line. Hmmm... much in the same way he feels he can dismiss his
disaster of a presidency!))

But you're right... No-one is perfect... its just Bush was a lot LESS
perfect than others.
But hey.. who cares.. HE'S GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(rejoice, rejoice, rejoice...)
--
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands
Amy
2009-01-21 19:03:30 UTC
On Jan 20, 6:04 am, "Covenant"
Post by Covenant
Post by Nic
At least Smitty doesn't hide behind an elusive ID. What's your name?
What's your line of work, and where do you live? Coward?
I am not happy with GWB either, though I voted for him, but this was the
first prez that had to deal with the issues he had. I don't think he
handled things well, but who's perfect? I will support BO as prez, but
that will depend on how he handles issues. Already BO has a lot of
controversy BEFORE he takes office. So when the honeymoon is over, expect
a battle that democrats deserve!
NC
Don't you mean you 'll say..."I don't think he handled things well, but
who's perfect?"
???
Yeah, I've been pretty amazed that she hasn't posted a *word* to her
blog about the inauguration. Cooke simply wrote that it is a great day
because we elect our official, no acknowledgement of what this means
for African Americans...or for *all* of us because of what it means
for African Americans.

What can I say....I don't get Republicans anyway. ;-)

Nic
2009-01-23 22:12:25 UTC
Post by Covenant
Post by Nic
[...]
I'm not at all dismissing Bush's screw ups. But _don't_ dismiss the effect
September 11 2001 had on his presidency and therefore the economy. I think
anyone that would be president after that would have a hard time overcoming
the difficult challenges. No doubt he certainly brought some on himself!

NC
Covenant
2009-01-23 23:01:09 UTC
Post by Nic
Post by Covenant
Post by Nic
[...]
No Doubt....

;' ))

Cheers bud.
nickelshrink
2009-01-24 00:14:57 UTC
Post by Covenant
Post by Nic
Post by Covenant
Post by Nic
[...]
ALL right, just WHAT is going on here? A civil, respectful
exchange about politics? In rmaag?!

Where's the animosity? the use of the "at" symbol followed
by double dollar signs??! What the bleep is *wrong* with
you people?! Doesn't anybody respect Traditional Values
anymore?

8~))
--
pax,
ruth

Save trees AND money! Buy used books!
http://stores.ebay.com/Noir-and-More-Books-and-Trains
PearL
2009-01-24 06:29:49 UTC
Post by Covenant
Post by Nic
Post by Covenant
Post by Nic
[...]
There is only animosity when opinions differ. Up to this point in the
thread, everyone who has posted, agrees.. thus no animosity. So in
order not to ruin the moment, I'll keep my 2 cents to myself. ; )
Robby Rob
2009-01-24 22:48:02 UTC
Post by PearL
Post by Covenant
Post by Nic
Post by Covenant
Post by Nic
[...]
order not to ruin the moment, I'll keep my 2 cents to myself. ; )- Hide quoted text -
PearL! Hi! Where have you been chica?
PearL
2009-01-27 16:53:49 UTC
haha Hi Rob. I've been around. How are you?
Robby Rob
2009-01-27 19:03:28 UTC
Hey I emailed you. Did you get it? -Rob :)
PearL
2009-01-30 06:47:24 UTC
Post by Robby Rob
Post by Robby Rob
PearL! Hi! Where have you been chica?
haha Hi Rob. � I've been around. How are you?
Hey I emailed you. Did you get it? -Rob :)
No I didnt. When did you email me? Recently? My bstnpearl email has
blocks on it, so maybe that's why I didnt. Is your current email
address the one listed above? I'll make sure and add it to my "accept
email" list.
Robby Rob
2009-01-30 08:43:52 UTC
Post by Robby Rob
Post by Robby Rob
PearL! Hi! Where have you been chica?
haha Hi Rob. I've been around. How are you?
Hey I emailed you. Did you get it? -Rob :)
No I didnt. When did you email me? Recently?  My bstnpearl email has
blocks on it, so maybe that's why I didnt. Is your current email
address the one listed above? I'll make sure and add it to my "accept
email" list.
Yes, just the other day after you posted, and from ***@msn.com.
Can you put that one on the accept list please? :)

Covenant
2009-01-25 14:19:51 UTC
Post by nickelshrink
Post by Covenant
Post by Nic
Post by Covenant
Post by Nic
[...]
Well.... it's just proof isn't it?

Obama is changing things for the better already !!! ;' )
t***@gmail.com
2009-01-22 03:37:16 UTC
I might be a tad bit on the naive/hopeful side but I gotta think that
Amy Grant is far from being devastated. I have a lot of conservative
christian friends / family that have all grown skeptical of Bush and
the Republican party in general. In many ways, Bush was key in making
the casual but loyal republican citizen really open their eyes to the
corruption and just plain injustice that the republicans knowingly
push for their own gain.

I've got to believe that Amy Grant - altho identifies as a
conservative republican - is not THAT blind and acceptive of the
oversimplisitic logic that if you are christian, then you vote
republican.

---

My 02 cents?

I'm still trying to grasp the moment and still pondering a bit so
excuse the rambling - but the moment is not about right or wrong,
christians or non-christians, white or black, rich or poor. To me,
this is not even about getting Bush out of the office. What inspires
me - what really makes me take a moment and even get a bit choked up
is that a whole lot of people - people who are marginalized,
forgotten, without a voice, suffering, discriminated, of color and of
lower economic class - got together to be heard and to say "I'm here
too" - and another group of a whole lot of people - people that are
conservative, in a good stretch of life, blond, freckled, and
vacationing, the intelligent, and of power and wealth - got together
to be express concern and a desire for something better and something
good.... and the outcome was "oh yeah, we forgot - we ARE the majority
as it should be and we never had to accept the way that it is and now
we can do something about it"

Again - I know I'm a tad bit on the naive/hopeful side but no matter
how $%^@'d up it gets, my humanity can't be beaten out of me and so I
can't help but to have heart and to have hope. I REALLY REALLY wish I
could turn it off because I REALLY REALLY see how $%^@'d up things
are.. but I can't. That's me - my 02 cents.
Sam
2009-01-22 04:52:48 UTC
<***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:58115e78-e315-4eb3-87bb-***@35g2000pry.googlegroups.com...
[...]

**********************************
Amen Matt! That was awesome and I share your thoughts 100%.

It's good to see you around here again, btw!

Sam
Robby Rob
2009-01-22 09:45:24 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
[...]
aI re.. but I can't. That's me - my 02 cents.
Amen Matt!  That was awesome and I share your thoughts 100%.
It's good to see you around here again, btw!
Sam
I have to agree. I'm sure Amy is far from being devasated.